In the spirit of contribution, collaboration and community, I am pleased to bring you this, the first of many partnership interviews with experts I love and trust to improve the value of your home.
Things That Home Buyers Get Excited About
Here are some of the things that can make the pulse of a potential buyer race:
• Proximity – Be sure to point out your hidden gem neighborhood that is within a half mile of the subway, close to entrances to the freeways and near local parks. Note the fact that you are close to the local amenities and attractions. The fact that you are in walking distance to a major employer, university, local dining and attractions can be a game changer for a potential buyer.
• Organization – Customized and/or built-in closets appeal to a wide range of potential buyers. Especially first time buyers get excited about the idea of having a place for everything and everything in its place.
• Energy efficiency – Things like a tankless water heater, dual-pane windows and new insulation are all attractive things to a potential buyer. Keeping the utility bills down is always a goal.
• Natural home maintenance – Point out if you have a hypoallergenic HVAC system and have been using non-chemical cleaning products for the last few years. Many people watch what they put in and around their bodies.
• Storage – The kitchen pantry, extra closets and other built-in storage will attract potential buyers. Storage is always a major concern for potential buyers. The more storage, the better.
• “Green” lifestyle – You can attract buyers with things an organic kitchen garden, backyard compost bin and a built-in recycling center. These things already in place can be a great selling feature.
Remember the things you do as a part of your lifestyle can be attractive to others just like you. You may have outgrown your current home, but it could be “just right” for someone else.
Sam Lepore is a Realtor with Keller Williams in Moorestown, NJ. Call him today at 856.297.6827 ....