As the events of the last few years in the real estate industry show, people forget about the tremendous financial responsibility of purchasing a home at their peril. Here are a few tips for dealing
Ways To Make Your Home Marketable
Here are some things to think about:
• A fresh coat of paint can work wonders. It will instantly clean up dirty walls and give a room a makeover.
• Make sure the flooring is well-maintained and in great shape. This will set the tone for the entire interior of the home.
• Update the windows. Old windows are ugly and they also let heat and air conditioning escape. This will cost a lot of money over time.
• Use accents according to the season of the year. If it is spring or summer use light window treatments and area rugs. If the floors are in great shape pull up the rugs which will make the rooms seem more open and larger. In fall and winter hang heavier window treatments to make the rooms feel cozy. A fire in the fireplace is great if the weather is cool.
• Clean all external brickwork and concrete slabs. Power washing can do wonders for a quick outdoor makeover.
• Spruce up the yard. The curb appeal is very important. Trim neglected bushes and overgrown lawns to make them look well-manicured.
Make sure you look at your home through the eyes of a potential buyer. Sometimes it helps to have a friend or neighbor give you honest input about your curb appeal and the interior of your home.
Sam Lepore is a Realtor with Keller Williams in Moorestown, NJ. Call him today at 856.297.6827 ....