As the events of the last few years in the real estate industry show, people forget about the tremendous financial responsibility of purchasing a home at their peril. Here are a few tips for dealing
Reasons To Use A Real Estate Agent When Buying New Construction
Take a deep breath . . . before you get started with your new construction purchase, you need to stop and think about using your own real estate agent. Here are some advantages to consider:
- A real estate agent has a legal obligation to act in the best interest of his or her client . . .that would be YOU, not the builder.
- Your interests are best protected if you have your own real estate agent representing you before you even start looking at new construction homes.
- Your agent can save you money by working with the builder to get you upgrades included in the price of your home.
- A New Construction Specialist has the knowledge and expertise to assist you through the complex building process. They are trained in the construction process and qualified to provide you with information on new construction topics such as materials, construction documents, contracts, floor plans and types of construction.
- Your real estate agent will keep you informed regarding all issues with construction and let you know what questions you need to ask.
- Your agent will have an understanding of where there is room for a price reduction which can save you money on your new construction purchase.
- Consider working with a New Construction
Specialist who can help you choose options and upgrades that reflect your
lifestyle and make the house your home.
- Also, having a New Construction Specialist on your team helps to ensure that shortcuts do not happen and that your get what you pay for.
- If things happen to go awry with your new construction process, you will be happy that you have your real estate agent to look after your best interests.
- All fees are paid by the seller, so why not take
advantage of a seasoned professional who will work as your exclusive advocate
and help you with advice and insight during all phases of the new construction
process, including contracts, construction, walkthroughs, when to schedule
inspections and closing.
- It is a really good idea to shop a number of
lenders. Ask the builder’s lender for a
Good Faith Estimate (GFE). This form
lists all of the fees and costs for the loan being offered.
Also a quick note, Our office has many homes under construction now in Marlton, NJ. Beautiful homes in The Sanctuary starting in the low $400's. Check them here and please call me with any questions.
Click here for all the results
Sam Lepore is a Realtor with Keller Williams in Moorestown, NJ. Call him today at 856.297.6827 ....