As the events of the last few years in the real estate industry show, people forget about the tremendous financial responsibility of purchasing a home at their peril. Here are a few tips for dealing
Make Your Home Stand Out In The Long Cold Winter
Here are a few things for you to consider:
• Keep it Clear. Keep the sidewalks and driveway clear of ice and snow at all times. If you live in an area that gets a lot of snow and ice, consider contracting a service to clear the drive and sideways on a regular basis.
• Warm Things Up. When showing your home in the winter months, turn up the thermostat before a showing. This will make the interior feel warm and welcoming. If you have a gas fireplace turn it on to add some ambiance.
• Let There be Light. Try to schedule as many showings as possible during daylight hours. Keep all curtains and blinds open and have your windows washed inside and out. Turn on all of the lights in the house to allow the potential buyer to see everything it has to offer.
• Music is Soothing. To add a little atmosphere, play classical music softly in the background. This can be very relaxing and potential buyers may look a little longer.
• Think Comfy and Cozy. Toss a warm throw on the back of the sofa and turn back a thick comforter on your bed.
• Set Up Timers. You want your home to look welcoming at all times, so set up timers to turn lights on even if you are not there to do it. Put both indoor and outdoor lights on timers. Be sure the front entrance it well lit at all times.
• Sense of Smell. Give your home a nice aroma. Bake an apple pie or some chocolate-chip cookies to make the potential buyer feel welcome. Nothing says “home” like the smell of fresh baked goods.
• Use the Season. Once the holidays are over be sure all holiday decorations are taken down. You can put a festive winter wreath on the front door and have a few winter items scattered here and there inside.
Listing your house during the winter months can be well worth your time and effort. If you put some thought into it and make it fun, you will be sure to attract the exact right buyer.
Sam Lepore is a Realtor with Keller Williams in Moorestown, NJ. Call him today at 856.297.6827 ....